Who to bank with??

Louise Naylor

Hi All me and my partner are moving to Perth in September and are planning on opening a bank account before we go. Doing a bit of research we have come to the decision of either ANZ or NAB?..... does anyone have any thoughts on which is best, simply for day to day banking and possibly transfers to and from the UK?

cheers Louise

Hi

Dont think there is much in it to tell you the truth. Your bound to find someone who has had problems with one or the other, as with any bank.

We are with Nab, half the family opened before we left, half Didnt, tbh the ones that opened before had more probs than me and youngest daughter who just went into a branch when we arrived and got cards etc in no time, the others still had to go into the bank, give the details that they had been given, but the cards never arrived, so they had to go in again to chase up.

some branches of Nab are def better than others, but that's prob the same for them all. A slight plus for them though is that they do have an ask NAB section over on the main PIO site of this forum which is linked to their migration banking team in the UK and if you have any queries they will look into it for you.

Something to note is that if you want to withdraw from an ATM that isn't your own banks then you may get charged a few $ for the pleasure.