Final inspection when moving out of your rental

I have never heard of this, though given the level of greed within the real estate rental market at the moment, nothing would surprise me. Usually, if a fee of this nature is imposed, it will be on the Landlord. They also pay for routine inspections, among other things.

Check your REIWA Agreement. Perhaps it was added as an extra. Hopefully not, but if it was, I would suggest that a weeks rent is outrageous.

Not that I've ever heard and if one was suggested to me I'd be speaking to REIWA and the WA Dept of Commerce Consumer Protection office before parting with anything.

Real Estate agents here have some shocking practice, they're mostly pretty vile but from my experience as soon as you dig your heels in and begin to make formal challenges they scurry away into their little holes.

Good luck and post on here as to the outcome.

Any fees for inspection are always paid by the landlord, not the tenant.... the property manager is appointed (and working on behalf of) the landlord. If I were renting and the PM tried to charge me a final inspection fee I'd be kicking up about it to the Dept of Commerce (which has the section dealing with fair trade in it).