$1.655 exchange rate, stick or twist?

ROB T

The exchange rate today is almost at a 3 year high and I am sure there are many thinking whether to change sterling now or to hold out a little longer for an even better rate. How high can it go before a major correction kicks in or can we say goodbye to the lows of mid $1.40's forever?

That's the exact same question me and OH have been discussing tonight! I've been monitoring the exchange rate over the last few days and it's even gone up since last week. It will be interesting to hear what other people think on this topic - any advise will be much appreciated!

The wife transfered a lot over 2 years ago at 1.6.

Should we have waited? Not really, it earned the best part of 6% in an interest account for 18months, and then we've put it into property.

I can't see the UK coming out of the slump for a long time yet. And Australia's economy is so small that a bit of good/bad news has massive swings.

Not sure how a Liberal Government will impact later in the year, will probably help the AUD become stronger. And the cancelling of the carbon tax should help the AUD too.